Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: Where We Belong, by Emily Giffin

I'm a repeat forgetter. This is the second time I confused Emily Giffin with Suzanne Finnamore. I adored Finnamore's novel Otherwise Engaged, then I read Giffin's Something Borrowed (which I was tepid about) and somehow (maybe because both books were about weddings) I merged the two writers into one. That's how I ended up reading Giffin's Baby Proof as well as Finnamore's Zygote Chronicles -- and how weird is it that a baby book follows a wedding book for each author! Unfortunately for Finnamore, her third book was Split: a Memoir of Divorce (poor thing). Giffin's wrote a few post-baby books that I missed, and when I heard she had a new novel I did it again and thought she was Finnamore. I wish she was Finnamore, since Where We Belong is nothing special, unless you really enjoy chick lit -- it's pretty good for that.

The whole kerfuffle is a reminder to check LibraryThing before I submit my library requests.

Rating: two and one half celery sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment